Cairncross & Hempelmann’s Emerging Companies & Venture Capital practice group represent some of the Pacific Northwest’s premier emerging technology startup companies.
Our Emerging Companies & Venture Capital attorneys assist the information technology, gaming, life sciences, medical device, healthcare, clean technology, retail, finance and communications sectors in all aspects of their formation and development and through all stages of the corporate lifecycle
Along with representing some of the most promising technology startups in the Pacific Northwest, we have also represented some of the region’s top publicly traded technology companies in their acquisition of dozens of companies around the world.
Additionally, we represent or maintain strong relationships with many venture capital funds, angel investors, accelerators and incubators, and we serve on boards of directors, boards of advisors and in other professional advisory capacities. We have worked in the trenches and understand the unique challenges faced by entrepreneurs, and we deploy our collective knowledge, resources and experience working on both sides of the table to help emerging technology companies develop and succeed.
Areas of Expertise
Our team members provide our emerging technology clients with pragmatic, grounded advice and our dynamic, team-oriented approach allows us to provide our clients with legal services and advice in the right dosage and at the right time in the following areas:
- Entity structuring and formation
- Seed, angel and venture financings
- Intellectual property protection
- Strategic transactions and joint ventures
- Commercial agreements
- Employee compensation and benefits matters
- Technology transfers
- SaaS agreements, terms of service, and end user license agreements
- Stock option plan implementation and administration
- Corporate governance matters
- Mergers & acquisitions and other exit events
Attorneys in the Emerging Companies & Venture Capital group have represented clients in the following transactions:
- Representation of Cerevast Therapeutics Inc. in multiple rounds of financing totaling over $30,000,000
- Representation of Corixa in its sale to SmithKline Beecham
- Representation of Front Desk, Inc. in multiple rounds of financing totaling over $7,000,000
- Representation BlueLithium in its sale to Yahoo!
- Representation of InEnTec in its joint venture with Waste Management
- Representation of Vera Whole Health, Inc. in its $5,000,000 Series C financing
- Representation of Clearas Water Recovery Inc. (formerly AlgEvolve Inc.) in multiple rounds of financing totaling over $10,000,000
- Representation of Bing Fund in connection with creation of its investment materials
- Representation of Verathon in its sale to Roper Industries and its acquisition of Saturn Biomedical Systems
- Representation of a telecommunications startup in its $6,000,000 Series B financing, $12,500,000 bridge debt financing and $15,000,000 venture debt financing
- Representation of HP Innovations LLC in its purchase of IDL Precision Machining, LLC
- Representation of an algae biofuel company in its $6,000,000 Series A financing and international strategic partnership
- Representation of Columbia Nutritional Services in its sale to FV Capital, LLC
- Representation of numerous private investment funds in connection with fund formation, private placement and regulatory compliance