Legal Support Assistant
Cairncross & Hempelmann (“CH&”) is a full-service law firm in Seattle that advises our diverse client base in business, land use, real estate, litigation, and bankruptcy & creditors’ rights. Our hallmark culture hinges upon respect, collegiality, and genuine care which extends to all CH& employees, as well as to our clients and their teams.
We are seeking a Legal Support Assistant who is professional, reliable, and detail-oriented and who enjoys working in a motivating, fast-paced environment! This is an entry-level, full-time, non-exempt position, Monday through Friday from 9:00 – 5:30.
This position reports to assigned Legal Assistants and Paralegals. Essential Functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately copy, file, and scan legal documents.
- Assist with procedures for new client intake/matters.
- Assist with procedures for closing files/sending files offsite.
- Assist in creation of binders and minute books.
- Process mailings and court deliveries.
- Check in regularly and proactively with Legal Assistants and Paralegals to ensure all aspects of matters are under control.
- Regular and reliable daily attendance and punctuality; physical presence at the office required (this is not a “work from home” position).
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and produce accurate work.
- Ability to work in a high-demand, fast-paced environment, prioritizing workload and meeting tight deadlines.
- Professional interaction with others in-person and through email and phone, using critical thinking and listening skills.
- Must be able to spend long periods of time in a stationary position working at a computer workstation (sit/stand desk is available).
- Proficient operation of office and computer equipment such as copiers, scanners, calculators, computers.
- Ability to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to move about to various work areas on different floors (elevator available), frequently carrying folders or other office materials weighing up to 10 pounds.
Our firm is committed to racial equality and social justice and upholds the CH& Racial Equality & Social Justice Plan that invites all attorneys and staff to engage, take action, and continue to broaden diversity and awareness in our communities. The CH& Diversity Team was started in 2004 and drives the firm’s initiatives and action. For more information, go to Diversity | Cairncross & Hempelmann.
Compensation range: $45,000 – $52,000 annually. Benefits include but not limited to: Medical and Vision insurance, Voluntary Dental insurance, Health Reimbursement Account Plan, Cafeteria Plan, Life insurance / AD&D, Long-term Disability, Whole life with Long-term care rider, Retirement Plan 401(k), Vacation, Sick/Safe Leave, Orca Pass/parking subsidy.
To apply, email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.