Many counties in Washington State are moving closer, or have already moved, to Phase 2 of the Governor’s Safe Start plan to return to the workplace after COVID-19 disruptions.
Cairncross & Hempelmann’s construction and employment attorneys have developed a Return to Work Toolkit that is designed to help employers navigate the changing expectations and regulations related to welcoming employees back to the workplace. It pays special attention to the requirements for construction jobsites and office locations, but many of the resources are applicable to all work environments.
The Return to Work Toolkit addresses a number of important resources for employers, including tools to help you:
- Prepare Your Policies and Facilities (Printable PDF)
- Review and Prepare Your Construction Contracts (Printable PDF)
- Communicate with Employees and Crews (Printable PDF)
- Implement Processes and Phasing Employees Back to Work (Printable PDF)
- Monitor Employees for Compliance with Safety Procedures and Possible Symptoms (Printable PDF)
- Materials like checklists, employee handouts, and printable posters for the workplace:
Please note, this Return to Work Toolkit represents the knowledge and recommendations of the authors based on the best information known as of the date of publication (June 10, 2020). Information about implementation of the various re-entry Phases is consistently changing and may vary based on county and city policies. Businesses are strongly advised to stay independently abreast of the re-entry rules, policies, and procedures applicable to your industry and business location.
The attorneys at Cairncross & Hempelmann remain ready to help you navigate this landscape. We encourage you to reach out with any questions about the changes that the COVID-19 pandemic continues to have on the workplace.