We represent local and national non-profit and philanthropic organizations. Our clients include cultural, educational, health-based and faith-based organizations.
Areas of Emphasis
- Formation and Incorporation
- Governance and Board Structure, Roles and Responsibilities, and Fiduciary Obligations
- Board/Staff Relationships, Responsibilities, and Delegation of Authority
- Conflicts of Interest
- Liability, Risk Management, Litigation and Insurance
- Regulatory Compliance and Annual Reporting
- Corporate Practices and Record Keeping
- Land Use
Specifically, this team counsels tax-exempt organizations, including 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, such as public charities, private foundations, faith-based organizations, operating foundations and their supporting organizations. We assist in obtaining and maintaining their tax-exempt status, and we provide oversight in the areas of executive compensation, rules and regulations, qualifications and operating standards, tax and annual reporting requirements. We represent national and regional non-profits in all aspects of litigation and risk avoidance.