Our Real Estate group specializes in handling unique and challenging real estate transactions.
We understand that in many cases, when a client comes to us, the simple answers have already been explored. We embrace the challenge of bringing even the most complex arrangements to successful completion. Our Real Estate attorneys work closely with the Business, Land Use and Litigation practice groups. Whether you want a business partner, or simply to effectively document your transaction, we respond to your needs, and we will surprise you in our ability to produce results in a fast, friendly and efficient manner.
Areas of Emphasis
- Retail, office and industrial lease drafting and negotiation, including multi-state portfolio leasing
- Real estate acquisition, disposition, and all phases of development
- Commercial or seller financing and related issues
- Complex transaction, tax and entity structuring
- General real estate issues, including title insurance, real estate due diligence, easements, brokerage matters, escrow and land development
- Preparation and negotiation of documentation, including purchase agreements, option agreements, rights of first refusal, leases and subleases, deeds of trust, promissory notes, covenants, conditions and restrictions, and easements
- Opportunity Zone services, including fund entity structuring, capital gains equity funding, loan financing and real estate acquisition and development
- Real estate aspects of mergers, acquisitions, public offerings and litigation matters
- Condominium formation and conversion
- Construction and design
Besides all manner of traditional and complex real estate transactions, the attorneys in this group offer some additional areas of expertise, including vast experience with 1031 tax-deferred and Tenant-in-Common exchanges; Tax Credit transactions, including historic, redevelopment and New Markets Tax Credits; hotel purchases and sales, including handling of land transaction and going-concern business aspects of purchase or sale; and assistance to clients with bankruptcy proceedings and property liquidations.