Cairncross & Hempelmann construction lawyers provide legal representation to a wide variety of construction industry clients throughout Washington, Oregon and Alaska.
We assist with negotiations, risk assessment and resolution of all types of construction-related disputes, including bid protests, scope changes, differing site conditions, delay and acceleration, terminations (default or for convenience), disputes with insurers over policy benefits, and claims for defective design or workmanship.
We also assist with corporate and LLC documents, joint venture agreements, licensing and registration, and preparation and review of contract documents.
Our Construction group combines the focus and flexibility of a boutique construction firm with the complementary services of a full service firm. We take pride in our long-term relationships with owners, contractors, architects, engineers, consultants and government entities.
Areas of Expertise
- Arbitration, Mediation and Dispute Resolution Boards (DRBs)
- Bid Protests
- Construction Contracts, Subcontracts and Supply Contracts
- Construction Jobsite Safety
- Construction Defects
- Design Defects
- Environmental Issues
- Government Contracts and Claims
- Insurance Coverage (including property, casualty, professional liability, OCIP and CCIP policies)
- Liens and Lien Foreclosures
- Marine/Waterfront Construction
- Risk Assessment and Allocation
- Subcontractor Disputes
- Securityship and Bond Claims
Attorneys in the Construction group have represented clients in the following transactions:
- Representation of Chris Hansen and his affiliated entities in the strategic assessment and procurement of properties for development and construction of a new sports arena complex in the SoDo section of Seattle.